Warm weather is on its way. You may not need your AC just yet but investing in the time and expert services that your system needs now is going to save you a good deal of trouble.
While you may still be leaving your windows cracked and getting by with that to keep things comfortable, you’ll want to ensure that your AC is ready to provide when things heat up. If you are testing out your air conditioner and noticing something is amiss, now is the time to schedule your next air conditioner repair in O’Fallon, MO.
7 Indicators Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
Here are some of the warning signs you should watch for that will indicate your system needs professional repairs.
- Weak airflow: If there is a problem with the strength of the airflow through your AC system, it will hurt your comfort and your system efficiency. You need to make sure that your AC filter is clean and clear. Beyond this, you may have problems with a fan or duct leak creating this issue.
- Poor cooling: Another big indicator of an AC problem is when your system cannot produce reliable cool air. This could be due to any number of issues but the end result should be that you reach out to get it fixed as quickly as possible.
- High energy bills: When you run your air conditioner, it shouldn’t cause a large spike in your energy bills. Large discrepancies in the price of your energy bills that happen whenever your run your AC is caused by something that likely needs repairs.
- Hissing or bubbling noises: Hearing something odd when your AC is running? Hissing may be caused by a leak allowing gaseous refrigerant to escape from your line. Similarly, bubbling may be caused by a leak in the part of your line where the refrigerant is still in liquid form and air is being allowed into the line.
- Screeching sounds: There is another noise that you should listen for that your AC might make–screeching or squealing. These are unpleasant sounds that are caused by metal scraping against metals such as when you have a broken fan blade or a dry blower motor belt.
- Short cycling: Interrupted cooling cycles are known as short cycling. This is both the result of a problem in the system and a cause for further trouble down the road. Make sure to reach out for repairs whenever you notice that your system is running in shortened spurts.
- Signs of a leak: Lastly, don’t dismiss any signs of a leak around your indoor or outdoor AC units. These can indicate problems like a refrigerant leak or even a clogged condensate drain. Leaks can create a risk of water damage to your home and should be addressed sooner than later.
Whatever is going wrong with your air conditioner our team can help you fix it. We are trained and certified experts who are here to help!
Contact the experts at Swiss Air Heating & Cooling, LLC to schedule your next repair. Warm People Cool Ideas Quality Solutions.