Needing a new heater in your home isn’t an ideal situation to find yourself in during the midst of the winter season. We find that many people try to get by with repairs during this time of the year even when they really do need a replacement. We understand why–a heater upgrade takes time and a lot of money. That said, it is far better to invest in a system that works right rather than trying to keep a dying heater alive.
If you aren’t sure which heater service in O’Fallon, MO it is that you need, we are here to help. You don’t want to try to force an old heater to keep running inefficiently but you don’t want to replace a system that still has several years of efficient heating to provide. Here’s how to tell whether you need a heater replacement or you can get by with another repair.
In This Case, Repairs Will Do
If this sounds similar to your situation with your heater, you can probably schedule repairs with a technician and get another few years out of your current system:
- The system is under 10 years old. If your system has only been arouond for a few years or even for closer to 8 years, as long as it has gotten regular maintenance it is likely okay to get the heater fixed. While a replacement will need to happen in the future, you should be able to get a few more years from this heater with expert repairs.
- You’ve been on the ball with maintenance. Since you had this system insalled you’ve had maintenance done each year on it. This prevents a majority of repairs and extends the system’s lifespan. It also makes it far more likely that you can get your heater repaired and forge ahead.
Here’s When You Need to Replace Your Heater
Maybe your heater has already had enough and needs to be replaced. At this stage, repairs are a waste of money. Here’s how to tell that you are better off upgrading your system.
- Repairs are too frequent. If you’ve been having to schedule repairs each year to keep your water heater running, that is too. Repair needs that popup more than once every few years are a sign that you would be better off scheduling a replacement.
- The cost of those repairs is far too high. How expensive have your repair bills been lately? If they could easily pay for half or more of the cost of a new system then it is better to simply opt for a heater replacement. A system that costs that much to repair is one that needs to retire.
- The heater is close to or beyond 15 years old. When your heater surpasses 10 years old, it is good to start preparing to replace it sooner than later. On the other hand, if your system is close to or beyond 15 years, it means you absolutely need to upgrade before it breaks down completely.
Whether you need repairs or a system replacement, our team is here to help. Contact Swiss Air Heating & Cooling, LLC to schedule an appointment. Warm People Cool Ideas Quality Solutions!