As temperatures start to drop you are going to be thinking about when you need to get your furnace up and running. This should be a somewhat simple process involving switching your thermostat to heating mode and adjusting the temperature. Aside from this though you should remember to schedule HVAC maintenance in O’Fallon, MO to ensure your furnace is in peak condition to do its job.
Why do you need to schedule maintenance? For one thing, you need this service to get the best performance from your heater. Aside from that though, furnace maintenance can ensure that you and your home are kept safer this winter than you would be otherwise. Let us explain how maintenance for your furnace keeps you safe and warm.
What furnace maintenance entails
Scheduling maintenance for your furnace before you need to rely on this system for your home comfort is a good idea. It is a great way to save time and money. Here is what you can expect when you have a professional give your furnace a tune-up:
- All burners are checked and cleaned.
- Gas connections are checked.
- Motor parts are checked, lubricated, cleaned, etc.
- Loose parts are found and tightened.
- Air filter is checked and changed or cleaned
- Electrical connections are inspected
These are just some of the tasks that a professional will take care of during your maintenance check. You can guarantee though that every task is going to help improve the quality of your comfort and the efficiency of your system.
How maintenance ensures safety and comfort
We’ve mentioned that a maintenance check for your furnace is going to help keep you warm but also safe. Let us explain why:
- Checking for gas leaks: If you have a gas furnace, a technician should always check for any signs of a gas leak. This way they can be repaired to reduce the risks they present to your home, your health, and the effectiveness of your furnace.
- Checking for cracks: Gas furnaces use heat exchangers to get the heat from the gas that is burned. Technicians should check for cracks in this part of your furnace to ensure they are addressed. This keeps you safe and helps your furnace operate more effectively.
- Checking for build-up: Dirt and debris can get into your furnace and build up on your burners. This can create problems for the combustion of gas. Technicians will clean out this build up to ensure it can’t cause any issues. This helps improve the heating process and prevents your furnace from encountering added strain.
- Addressing inefficiencies: From a clogged air filter to leaking durtwork and more, any inefficiencies in your furnace system can and should be addressed by your professional technicain. As you may have guessed, that technician doing their due diligence ensures your system works at peak efficiency which saves you money.
So, is your furnace safe? If it was made and installed and maintained by professionals, the answer is yes.
For professional maintenance and other furnace services, contact Swiss Air Heating & Cooling, LLC. Warm People Cool Ideas Quality Solutions.